Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service entails stashing and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server handled by a website hosting vendor. There are different categories of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glimpse at them. Thus, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you'd like to own a blog, email accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by some companies, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file storage services frequently include adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between individual packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a kind of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain firms provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a vast quantity of pictures with mates or partners since the solution is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your mail addresses. Some providers provide web space hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many videos as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to have a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for specific web content solely.